House of Discernment
For Men Who Want To Discern Priesthood
The Vocation Office in the Archdiocese of Chicago is opening a House of Discernment at Holy Name Cathedral for Young Professionals and College Seniors, who would like to seriously discern their vocation to the priesthood, while they continue to work or finish their college degree. The House will take into account men’s busy lives, while at the same time affording them the opportunity to live in community, deepen their prayer life and grow closer to Jesus Christ. Through prayer, fraternity and lived discipleship, men will come to understand if God is calling them to be a priest.
- Catholic man between the ages of 20-35.
- Young Professional or Senior in College.
- Serious commitment to discerning the Diocesan Priesthood.
- Daily Commitment to prayer and Mass.
- Commitment to meet regularly with a Spiritual Director.
- Commitment to refrain from dating for one year as you discern a vocation to priesthood.
- Ability to live in community with others.
- Ability to pay monthly rent.
Fr. Timothy Monahan